Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Disney Wedding Favors

I've been a bad blogger. With trying to get Ph.D.-serts & Cakes set up for business, blogging just hasn't been on the top of my to-do list! But here are some photos of goodies I did a while ago for a friend's Disney wedding.

The Disney chefs did the wedding cake itself (and it was gorgeous), but I was honored to be asked to do the party favors!

Of course, there were Mickey Mouse cookies:


And Minnie Mouse cookies:


Here's the cute couple now!


And then they wanted cookies that said "...and they lived happily ever after." To make these, I covered the cookies with white Satin Ice fondant and let it harden. Then I wrote the message with edible food markers and piped a tiffany blue royal icing border. But the last step was probably the most important...a little sprinkling of Pixie Dust (aka Disco Dust)! Can you see it? These cookies looked magical!


But that's not all! They also wanted chocolate-dipped pretzel sticks - yum! Each guest received a pretzel dipped in white chocolate, milk chocolate, and dark chocolate. Is your mouth watering? All of a sudden, I'm craving one dipped in dark chocolate...


Oooo! I almost forgot! The last treat the guests got was Chess Bars!


If you've never had Chess Bars, I feel sorry for you. They are rich, decadent, sweet, and irresistible. I can't share my recipe because it was a family recipe I talked my friend into sharing, but I know you can find a similar recipe online. Oh, look! Here's one you can try! Hmmm...maybe I'll make some this week...


Wouldn't you love to be a guest at this wedding? Not only is it at Disney, but then you get pampered with all these goodies!

Congrats, Chris and Kate! "All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust."

5 comments:

MerryJohnson said...

Wow !What an amazing blog.
One of the best blog.
Its awesome.
Nice blog on cake supplies.
Keep going...

Maris (In Good Taste) said...

These are adorable! What a graet job you did!

Amy said...

Melanie - we actually have a very similar recipe - but we call it "Gooey Butter Cake". Fantastic and decadent stuff huh??

Mommy Hates Cooking said...

I love these!

NM said...

OOOO The Chess Bars!!!! I'll have to tell mom she made the blog! :)

Post a Comment