Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Pistachio and Pink Wedding Cake - And a New Technique

A few weeks ago, a bride brought us a picture of a gorgeous wedding cake that she wanted replicated. No problem! ...except that we'd never done a cake like the one pictured. So we experimented with different techniques and were able to replicate it! Yay!

Now, maybe I'm just not "up" with current wedding cake trends, but I've never seen a cake like this before:

white fondant wedding cake green swirls with green and pink roses
Don't you just love it?

white fondant wedding cake green swirls with green and pink roses
The technique was created by slightly marbelizing the green and white fondant, cutting it into strips, and applying it in an overlapping pattern to the cake. It was time consuming, but I love how it turned out.

And all the roses were hand-made to match the color swatches the bride provided.

while I was editing the pictures, I thought I'd have a little fun with Photoshop and give the cake a more soft, romantic, vintage feel...

white fondant wedding cake green swirls with green and pink roses
Loving the subtle tones of that shot!