Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Thanksgiving Idea for Next Year

At Thanksgiving this year, I volunteered to bring the dessert. Seems natural, right? Well, my desserts (I'll post the recipes I used later this week) were trumped by these super-cute treats Taylor brought:


(Please forgive the poor quality of these photos...all I had available to take the pictures with was an iphone...)

These pilgrim's hats are easy to make and perfect for a family project! According to Taylor, here's how you make them:

1. Melt semisweet chocolate chips in the microwave or on the stovetop, being careful not to burn the chocolate.
2. Place one large marshmallow on a skewer. Dip the marshmallow into the chocolate, coating the top and sides completely.
3. Thread the skewer through the center of an upside-down Fudge Stripe cookie until the marshmallow is sitting right on top of the cookie. Remove the skewer.
4. Set aside until the chocolate has solidified again.
5. Draw the buckle on the hat with yellow icing.

These cookies were adorable and delicious! I mean, who doesn't love Fudge Strip cookies, marshmallows, and chocolate?! Great job, Taylor!

0 comments:

Post a Comment